Thursday 10 May 2012

All in a days work.......

As all mums will tell you in a lifetime of caring for your child you will see and experience a lot of different things, some of the most memorable may be your baby's first steps, first words, passing a drivers test, graduation from school or university, marriage and the birth of a grand child. However, among those most memorable things, you can also add any time you may catch them doing something they would not want you to see in the bedroom or bathroom, the dreaded number 3 or the floater.

It is tonight, almost 11 1/2 months into parenthood that I experienced the floater, and I am almost positive when Cooper and I look back on this blog in years to come I am sure he will be riddled with embarrassment, but also I'm hoping, a good old belly laugh.

This afternoon Cooper has been in the funniest little mood, playing games and laughing hysterically at himself or something he has done. Tonight as he bathed I turned to blow rasberries through the glass on the shower panel towards him and I saw his cheeky little grin, smiling back I blow my rasberry only to be interrupted half-way through by a grunt and a plop. THE FLOATER. As I quickly grabbed Cooper out of the tub in order to avoid him treading in it and making it far harder to clean he starts to giggle, I place him on the bathroom floor and as I fight the urge to throw up as I scoop it out of the tub to put in the toilet bowl I turn around and see Cooper standing right in front of the dirty clothes baskets laughing out loud as he peed on the clothes, turned laughed at me and ran off through the bedroom.... I could not help but burst into laughter as I dropped the little nugget into the toilet and took off after him.

Once I had controlled my giggles I rinse Cooper off in the shower, giving the bath a quick clean at the same time and  I notice he can not control himself, thinking he is the funniest kid on the block running around the shower blowing rasberries on the screen.

These are the moments I love, and the moments where I think to myself I don't know how Celebrity mums like Victoria (Posh) Beckham can honestly think that mothering is a glamorous role!



Although this wasn't the night of the dreaded FLOATER - here is Cheeky Cooper in the bath at around 8 months

No comments:

Post a Comment