Monday 19 March 2012

Then comes MARRIAGE

Simon and I dated for a year long distance. The travelling got tiresome around 5 months in, but by this stage we knew we were head over heels (with my short stauture, I'm 5'4", it was more like head over stilettos) in love. By about 10 months, Simon decided he'd up heave his life on the coast to be with me here in Canberra. It was a big move for both of us. Simon having never lived with a girlfriend, and me cautious after the disasterous break up with my Ex, but we were honest in our expectations and together, very happily we built our future day by day.

On Christmas Eve 2009, Simon gave me the biggest surprise of my life. After discussing marriage for a few months, convinced Simon was just humouring me with his interest Simon took me to the one place I has always mentioned would be perfect for wedding photos. Iandra Castle was about 15 minutes drive from where I grew up and where my parents still live to this day, a small village 30 kilometers out of Young, called Wirrimah.  As he drove past my parents place and towards the castle, my heart raced, but I was unconvienced that my instincts were on target. After walking around the grounds of the castle for a while, I started to feel the bitter sting of dissapointment, but just as we were planning to leave, I headed toward the car and turned back to call to Simon, he was on bended knee, holding out my great great grandmothers engagment ring. I don't remember what I said, but I know that it took Simon a second time to ask me before I actually said yes.

Planning our wedding was amazing. We were married in the rose gardens of my parents' neighbours property in front of 80 of our closest friends and family.







It was the most perfect day of my life, that is until the 30th of May 2011 when our son was born.



No comments:

Post a Comment