Sunday 18 March 2012

First comes LOVE, then comes MARRIAGE, then comes mummy pushing a BABY CARRIAGE

5 years ago, if you had told me that I would have married my first love, (amoungst other things), I would have said you were dreaming. If you had told me that 8 months after marrying him we'd have a baby boy, I'd have said you were crazy, and if you had told me that 10 months following that I'd be back at work full time, looking at buying our first family home and starting to chart to concieve our second child I would have had you committed to a mental institution, but that's exactly what happened.

 Hi, I'm Helene, I'm 27, going on 28, and  I live and work in the Australian Capital Teritory. This is the first blog of what I hope to be many, on love, trying to concieve and carry baby #2 and balancing work and mummy-hood.


First Comes LOVE:

In 2006 I graduated from Charlse Sturt University, moved to Canberra with my then boyfriend (the douchebag) and successfully applied for a position at the Australian Institute of Sport. I thought this was it, I thought this was where my life began. I soon realised that I wasn't happy, my relationship was going no where and my boyfriend had no plans to live a grown up life. In 2008 I left the douchebag, bought my own place and fell back in love with my high school sweetheart.

The story of how we reconnected after 8 years apart is one I'm sure our children will cringe over. It was the age of MySpace, before Facebook made it big, and well before Twitter was the in thing. My old high school flame 'friended' me and from there a plethora of flirty comments and messages evolved and we decided that we should "catch up" in person. It was just like high school, we were nervous and after spending the day together didn't quite know how to go our seperate ways. In a move that he will never live down as I went in for the kiss goodbye on the lips, he puckered up and kissed my forehead..... my forehead, what was that supposed to mean?

After a week of umming and ahhing about whether I should bring up the kiss I bit the bullet and decided to see him again and make my intentions clear. He lived 2 1/2 hours from Canberra so I made the trip down to Shellharbour, packed an over night bag, (just in case), and as he greeted me I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him. From there the rest is history.






No comments:

Post a Comment