Saturday 22 July 2017

Zoe is 4.....


Our Zo-zo, who would believe you are 4 and not 14 in a 4 year olds body. Goodness how you’ve grown up.

This year, with some reservation I enrolled you in pre-school. You on the other hand weren’t reserved at all, telling your dad and I within minutes of arriving that “you can go now, I’m ok”. You are the youngest in your class, but that hasn’t slowed you down. It’s no surprise to us that you are the class leader, confident, enthusiastic, kind and the enforcer of righting others wrongs.

You remain strong willed and free spirited. You don’t want to fit in a box, and that’s wonderful. I find it hard to keep up with you even now, you challenge everything I thought I knew about being a mum. Here’s the thing though, despite how brazenly stubborn you can be, how frustratingly hard it is to actually try to calm you, I don’t want to. You may be bold and insist no one stands in the way of whatever it is that you are trying to achieve but you have an unbelievable sweet side too. With your younger brothers due to arrive in this next month I’ve never been more cared for than by you each afternoon as you offer to help me up or rub my back, you sing sweetly to them and given them kisses each night before bed. You are going to be an amazing big sister, just as you are an amazing little sister.

Your relationship with Cooper is a direct reflection of your personality – you either adore him beyond measure or you despise the very sight of him. Mostly, since you started to share a room you are the former. His love for you, his willingness to protect you at all cost is amazing, and I can see you reciprocate in your own special way often being far more direct to his friends than he would have been in negotiating.

You are such a funny girl, I’ll often see you looking in your mirror, watching you practice how you cry, dance, pout or pose. You are by far the most beautiful in the Rushby house however despite playing the diva most of the time, you have a boisterous side that I have loved seeing grow this year through BMX. You are fierce. And you are strong.




Your dad and you – well there are no words, that man knows he is in trouble with you. He spoils you. He is besotted by you, there’s nothing he won’t do to make you smile, your poppy’s too. There’s something special about you that they can’t control. It’s beautiful to see.

Looking back on past blog posts you’ll see you haven’t changed a bit. I read once that the personality you have formed by 4 or 5 is the personality that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. This makes my heart sing. As always my darling daughter I am so proud of you, I love you beyond measure and while I know the next 10 years will see us argue, fight and break our hearts there’s nothing I won’t do for you. You will always have a friend in me.





Happy birthday baby girl


At 4: You love: singing, dancing, babies, BMX and keeping up with Cooper Your best friend is: Sophia
You can: count to 20, can recognise some letters, can write your name, ride without training wheels and draw/colour very well.
You hate: being told no, losing, having to wear pants in winter and anything with onion
Your favourite food: spaghetti
You have all your teeth, your front one slightly chipped.
Your favourite memory this year is: winning a trophy at BMX
You weigh: around 14-15 kilo
You are 103.5cm tall

No comments:

Post a Comment