Saturday 22 July 2017

20 weeks and TWIN BOYS!

The first 18 weeks I spent in an out of hospital on IV drips and anti nausea medication and that about all there is to tell about the first few months.


I worried a lot about how my 56 kilo, 5ft 4"frame would carry twins, I worried about how this would impact our lives, I worried about how we'd afford to raise 4 children, I worried about the age gap between the bigs and these babies.


I worried every second of every day. I worried in my sleep. I just worried.


At 20 weeks we had the big anatomy scan. Cooper and Zoe were set on it being a boy and a girl, I was certain it was going to be two boys and to date my instincts haven't been wrong.


Right there as soon as the sonographer started the scan were spread legs with two little penis's clear as day in between.


This time it was Zoe's turn to hysterically cry while the rest of us beamed with pride and for the first time since the very first pregnancy test I felt real joy and excitement. I felt a sense of hope and I knew things would be OK. I felt like I finally had regained control.


I was going to be a twin mumma. I was nervous but I was thrilled. I can do this! I'll rock this! I'm a multiple mumma, and just like that all my reservations, doubts and insecurities left. These boys were going to be so loved, they were so wanted, they were going to complete this family and complete me.

My heart stretched and all of a sudden there was room for two more.



















No comments:

Post a Comment