Saturday 22 July 2017

Dads and their Daughters

Last night as Simon and I talked while we watched TV he said something that I knew would be important to remember for the years ahead.   "I will love Zoe, I will support her, be there for her and love her but I know I'll never really understand her" he said......... wow I thought, that's one of the most honest and raw things I think I've ever heard Simon say about parenthood and it got me thinking.

Men who raise daughters, live surrounded only by women, I applaud thee!

Women are complex, confusing and often difficult to read – I know, because I am a woman and I am raising a woman.

I’ve had to stop myself from telling Cooper “darling don’t worry, she’s a girl and sometimes girls are like that” on many occasions.


Zoe like every other women in this world sometimes decides to change her mind, a lot, for no other reason but because she can.



Simon right now is in what I believe are the best few years for daddy and daughters to bond. In years to come I hope they remain as close as they are, that the gleam in both their eyes when they are together remains there through her toughest years. For him maybe understanding her isn't important, maybe the most important part of raising a daughter is supporting her, being there for her and loving her despite any flaws you might perceive she has.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment