Tuesday 15 May 2018

Mason Francis Rusbhy.... 1 today!

Mason,

You are one. I blinked and you’re one. One for you means never stopping, and always being on the go, too busy to cuddle, never wanting to be still and forever demanding to be allowed outside and to taste everyone's food. 

From the very start you were always going to be your own person, do your own thing, stop for nobody. I have loved your independence, and your happy nature, I’ve love the beautiful moments we’ve shared alone but I’ve loved even more the moments we’ve shared with your siblings.

I honestly feel like it’s been a blur of a year. I remember so clearly the day (or should I say night) you arrived and how little and perfect you were. I remember the fear I felt bringing you home but how easy you made it for me. I remember how hard it was when you fell ill. I remember my heart stopping when your breathing did. I remember your little body fighting. I remember your tiny fingers wrapped around mine. I remember how strong you were and still are. 

You tease your brother. You love to snatch his toys and crawl after him when he’s doing something you want to do. I know you’ll be the kind of twin who always notes you are the eldest by 2 whole minutes. You’re going to be a leader.

Your dad has always been besotted by his kiddos, but his pride when he introduced you and your brother to his dad was my favourite moment of that first week with you in the Special Care Nursery. He loves your spirit, he loves the big deep belly laughs you give him when he tickles you with his beard.  Your dad spends every Friday at home with you,, one day I hope you know how special that is, how special you are and how he love you dearly. He still checks on you every night before bed as he did with your older brother and sister, worries over you being too hot, too cold.

Your arrival into our family has enriched so many peoples lives, mine more than anyone else. I’m so blessed to call you son, I'm so honored you call me mum.

Happy birthday Mason Francis Rushby. We love you.


Your Milestones:
You smiled at 19.7.17
You rolled:28.6.17
You laughed: 15.9.17
You crawled: 14.1.18
Your first word was Dada on 26.1.18
Your first tooth: 31.3.18
First steps: 13.5.18 - 7 steps in a row

At One:
Favourite food – you are not at all fussy, you love grilled Salmon and mashed potato, you’ll happily eat chickpeas and veggies, you definitely love weetbix.
Your favourite toy is: your walker, books and cars
You have slept through the night 1 time (4.5.18)
You can say – mum, bub, dad, up, woof, roar and brummmm
You love to point, clap and smile
You have: 5 teeth
You have been in an ambulance 2 times
You are: 73cm tall
You weigh: 10kg






No comments:

Post a Comment