Tuesday 15 May 2018

Carter, my youngest baby is 1

Carter,

My little serious snuggle bunny. You are one. I blinked and you’re one. My very last baby is now a toddler. One for you means lots of cuddles, talking to yourself in your cot before every sleep or nap long after your brother is asleep, big sloppy kisses and a cheeky grin, clapping hands whenever food is around or you've done something clever and sitting happily watching your brother get into mischief. 

You and Mason couldn’t be more different, and that is why we love you both. From the very start you were always going to be the more gentler soul, caring and thoughtful. You follow Zoe around cuddling her and she loves it. You take longer to warm to people and like the comfort of mummy’s arms in strange places. You look before you leap. I believe that all of this is true because if it wasn’t for your impatient brother you would have happily stayed snuggled up under my ribs for a few weeks in utero, I think that you are who you’ve been since the day you were conceived.

I honestly feel like it’s been a blur of a year. I remember so clearly the day (or should I say night) you arrived and how little and perfect you were, how long it took me to hold you and how I’ve never been so pleased to hear your cry. I remember my world standing still as you struggled for life with RSV. I remember feeling as though I was torturing you as Doctors and Nurses performed test after test on you. I remember holding your tiny hand through it all.

You are bigger than your brother, and while it took you a while to realise it, when you did you wouldn’t let him bully you anymore. You give as good as you get when you fight over toys, and now you use your size to beat him. I think you’ll always be my affectionate boy and I hope that you are.

Your dad has always been besotted by his kiddos, his pride when he introduced you and your brother to his dad was my favourite moment of that first week in the Special Care Nursery. He loves your cuddles, his heart leaps when you lay your head on his chest or he calms you when I simply can’t.  Your dad spends every Friday at home with you, one day I hope you know how special that is, how lucky you are to have such a hands on dad. 

I can’t believe how quickly you have grown, how lucky I am and how special our family feels with you as a part of it. My baby boy, you amaze me, you are my miracle boy.




Happy birthday Carter John Rushby. We love you.


Your Milestones:
You smiled at 19.7.17
You rolled:1.9.17
You laughed: 22.9.17
You crawled: 6.2.18
Your first word was Bub on 19.1.18
Your first tooth: 3.1.18

At One:
Favourite food – Spag Bol, but you also love greek yoghurt with banana mashed through it
Your favourite toy is: the pull along alligator, steering wheel toy and the toy cash register that sings
You have never slept through the night.... not ever!
You can say – mum, bub, dad, up and brrrrruuuummmm
You have: 6 teeth
You love: to bop to music, the warm hugs of your sister and mum
You have been in an emergency ambulance 2 times
You are: 73.2cm tall
You weigh: 11kg



No comments:

Post a Comment