Friday 22 December 2023

12 years old, your first girlfriend and a first kiss_Happy Birthday Cooper

 Where as the time gone? Another lap around the sun and here you are turning 12! 

Still asking me to bake your cakes

I remember back to when you were turning 1, that first twelve months was a year of so many firsts; first steps, first words, first tooth, first Christmas. I feel like the firsts started to slow after that, but here we are again and the firsts are back. 

In the past 12 months you set of on your first school camp (Birragi), and your second (Jindabyne). You asked your first girlfriend out and had your first heart break when she broke up with you 3 months later because it was easier to be friends. Don't worry too much about it, you bounced right back a few weeks later with your second girlfriend and first kiss. You went to your first concert (Red Hot Chili Peppers)You had your first day of the last year of primary school. Your first best batsman trophy in cricket and sportsmanship award for little athletics. It's been a big year for you and I feel as though it's only getting bigger for here. 


I cant keep the food into you. You never stop eating, but you're also a thin as a rake; dangly, lanky and long. You are constantly out with mates, at sport, training or just out on your bike with mates on the street or at the skate park. Getting you to stay home is impossible if the weather is nice.

Another thing I cant get you to do is tidy you room or make your bed.

You had a great end to year 5 and have started our year 6 with an academic bang. You are however very ready to for the next step, for high school, for some more freedom. The tediousness of "daily five" "hot reads" "inquiry unit" and religion have you wanting to branch out in your learning. 

out of the dam with Bronte, Zoe and Jamo
You and Bronte before Yass
 street fair








You've excelled at sport again this year, but gosh I find it frustrating that you just wont practice to really get the edge. You have such natural athleticism, but you definitely don't have the drive your sister does. 


You've mellowed out with your siblings this year, practicing patience with Carter as he follows you around like a bad smell, and not baiting Zoe when you can see she's on the precipice of a breakdown. 

You still ask for me to put you to bed, allow me to cuddle you and let me in on silly jokes or riddles you've seen online. 

This year:

First Girlfriend: Bronte Brown (a lovely Yass girl, and a brilliant netballer)

First Kiss; Milla Shelton (your second girlfriend, who lived just down the road, I believe the kiss came about through a game of spin the bottle in our garage one afternoon, or so I'm led to believe)

Fav Song: I got you on my mind ~ Powderfinger

Fav Book: Hunger Games

Fav Movie: Grown ups 2

Food: Nachos

Favoutite subject at school: Maths

You play: AFL, Hockey, Athletics, Cricket

You love: Camping, swimming, video games and hanging out with mates


Your best mates: Liam, Lewis, Paxton, Nick

I wish I'd measured you, but I'd say you are around 162cm, you'll have me beat for height by the end of the year I'd say

Weight: around 40 kilo







LOVE YOU MATE..... ALWAYS.




p.s promise I haven't shared your text messages

 any further than this 💓 Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment