Thursday 25 May 2023

Mason's 6th birthday

So here we are at your 6th birthday. You've had an amazing year and I am loving this age with you. You come out with some absolutely cracking one liners and you love playing the clown. You have loved the move into kindy this year, you are engaged in your learning and your teacher tells me you continue to take on a leadership role among peers and listen and display respectful learning in class. Over the space of a term you have made leaps in your reading and writing and you really love maths. You received a merit award term 2 for your helpful nature and positive attitude which I love.

You are a busy, inquisitive and caring little boy. You spend your time turning over rocks to find creatures you beg me to keep as pets, playing with the kids in the street and snuggling up with me whispering sweet things like "I'll still love you when I'm old and even when I'm dead I'll love you from heaven". 

Your bond with Zoe continues to strengthen. The two of you are two little matched souls, fully of fire and spark but also an advocate for those who aren't as fierce as you are. You and Coop don't often see eye to eye, like Zoe your relationship with him is up and down but every now and then you come together and your face lights up.

The things I love most about you is just how sweet you can be. I mean man you are go go go all day, pushing everyones buttons, being an antagonistic little jerk face but despite all of that as I tuck you into bed you squeeze my body tight and tell me how much you love me. You are always checking in with me, reaching for my hand or finding any little free space to be touching me. 












Mason at 5:

  • you are: 117cm tall
  • you weigh 20.5 kilo
  • Can you believe you still have all your baby teeth, I mean they are chipped all over from your rough play and shenanigans but they're all still there.
  • you love: playing soccer or football in the front yard or vacant block, being the winner, going to kindy, and singing yourself to sleep.
  • your favourite food is: hot chips but only if they have sauce. 
  • your best friend is Carter, but you've made some good friends at school (Jaxson, Ethan), you love your footy mates too, Ollie and Toby in particular and Hegalo is a current favourite (Tueila's little brother).
  • you hate: Food that doesn't have sauce. Bed time. 
  • Funniest saying this year. While doing your homework you look at my hand writing to see the words I've asked you to practice and you look me in the eye, point to the words and say "at school, this is what they'd call quality work mum, great job"
  • Most memorable moment this year - Probably having your cousins Dean and Adam sleep over and setting up beds in the lounge room and giggling all night.





No comments:

Post a Comment