Monday 15 June 2020

now you're 3 Carter....

My baby boy my goodness how this year has flown. Every single day is a joy with you in it, with your warm cuddles and when you place your hands on my cheeks and give me sweet kisses. Days with you fly by, because days with you are full of fun, smiles and giggles.

You still love a quiet place to play alone when you can get it, I often hear you talking to your toys and playing "make believe" in your room. You have found your voice and while you still aren't a huge fan of talking to people I know your vocabulary has grown exponentially over the last few months.

You run down the hall each morning demanding breakfast like you haven't eaten for weeks, and every morning it makes me smile.

You love the secret little club you and Zoe have formed, the exclusivity, time away from the others and her devout attention to you.

I know the whole concept of COVID19  is lost on you. I'm really thankful for extra time out on the farm with wide open spaces fresh air and the love and care of your grandparents. I'm thankful all you experienced was having your mum home for more hours of the day. I don't think you'll ever appreciate how lucky I felt to have this extra time with you. For me, this global pandemic was a wonderful time to slow down and reflect on the most important things in our typically busy lives, and coming out on top was quality time with you and your siblings.

You are such a special kid Carter. I love you. Happy 3rd birthday, I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us.





At 3:
  • you are 100cm tall and 16.5kilo heavy
  • you have all your teeth, and yes some are chipped 
  • you love big cuddles, stolen kisses, playing with Zoe, reading cranky bear on repeat, watching the Julia Donaldson books on i-view, finding worms and snails, playing on the oval kicking balls, riding your scooter and sleeping
  • your favourite meal is anything that you can put sauce on
  • you hate: when Mason interrupts your quiet time, waking up, apologising, when anyone asks you to do something you don't want to.
  • your best friend is Mason, perpetually telling people at day-care he is "your Mason"


No comments:

Post a Comment